Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hoo Ha

Today wasn't super eventful, but it wasn't bad. I went to my friend's house (as I do quite often because he lives down the street from me) and played some Call of Duty. Now, I'm not really into video games anymore, and even when I was into video games, I wasn't really terribly fond of the FPS genre. I've watched my friend Dean play COD countless times and the past few days I've been playing as well and... it's kind of fun. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pro at wager matches haha. Anyways, I also brought over my bass amp so he could use it for the battle of the bands that was tonight. He had to leave for sound check and I went home. When 7pm rolled around, my friend Kyle and I went down to the performing arts center to watch battle of the bands. Hoooooly crap, there are some crappy bands out there. Most of them weren't very good, but they all have my respect just for going out there. My friends' band, Aviadora, won. Speaking of music, tomorrow I'm getting my new amp at Guitar Center. Ordered the head online today and it should be here by Monday. Getting the cab, like I said, tomorrow at Guitar Center. It's also supposed to be stormy as hell tomorrow... should be interesting hauling a 60-80 pound speaker cabinet to my car in pouring rain. Also, this one chick has been on my nuts quite a bit this past week and I'm not sure how I feel about it. She's not bad looking by any means and she has a nice personality, but I just don't like her that way. Supposed to hang out with her and a few other people tomorrow night... we'll see how that goes.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday!


Edit: Boy, am I glad that Blogger periodically saves drafts while you're writing stuff. I somehow accidentally hit ctrl+w, which closed my browser and I was about to be PISSED if I had to write that whole thing again.

22 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love Cyanide and Happiness :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know how you feel about Blogger saving drafts. One time I started writing, went off to do something else and closed my browser when I got back. Boy, was my face red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know what I want for christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's the head and cab you're gettin? also, knowing you are shit and still got up the stage and play takes some ball man. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grats to your friends band! Man I wish I can get a mesa boogie head for my guitar. It would sound amazing, but it's so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Battle of bands are always full of crappy bands but whatever, I'm also glad blogger save drafts! Saved my life countless number of time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an eventful day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, the save function has saved me on many occasions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol cyanide and happiness amazing as always

    ReplyDelete
  10. So what if you own something smaller than a guitar... say, a mandolin. How successful would that be? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the thing about the comic is true haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I fear that the fact there are so many crappy bands causes the good ones to get a lost in a mass of crappiness...probably they are just trying to get chicks, heh. I love the cartoon, I will have to try that with my guitar sometime, :P.

    ReplyDelete
  13. maybe i should start carrying my guitar with me... and hellz yeah for wager matches

    ReplyDelete